The Platform of European Memory and Conscience is organising a series of discussion seminars presenting the results of the ongoing project JUSTICE 2.0 – International Justice for the Imprescriptible Crimes of Communism. The first public presentation took place on 27 May 2015 in the European Parliament in Brussels, accompanied by an installation of a work of art by the Czech artist group Pode Bal. Below you can find more information about the individual seminars in the series. At the event, we also screen our documentary film JUSTICE 2.0 presenting witnesses and victims of the crimes.
The purpose of the project is to raise international awareness about the issue of unpunished international crimes of Communism and to contribute to finding ways to achieving international justice for these crimes.
If you are interested in staging the seminar in your city / country, please contact us.
Past presentations of the project JUSTICE 2.0:
- Germany, Berlin, the Harnack Haus – the conference venue of the Max-Planck Society, 24 January 2019
- Poland, Wroclaw, the Remembrance and Future Institute, 31 August 2018
- Lithuania, Vilnius, the Genocide and Resistance Research Centre of Lithuania, 16 August 2018
- Poland, Warsaw, Faculty of Law and Administration, University of Warsaw, 12 June 2017
- Romania, Timisoara, 17 December 2016
- Germany, Freiburg, Colloqium on Crimes committed under Communist rule, Max-Planck Institute for Foreign and International Criminal Law, 24 June 2016
- Sovenia, Ljubljana, National Council, Parliament of the Republic of Slovenia, 21 April 2016
- Slovakia, Bratislava, Faculty of Law, Komenský University, Bratislava, Slovakia, 20 April 2016
- Czech Republic, Brno, Supreme Administrative Court of the Czech Republic, Brno, 19 February 2016
- Romania, Timisoara, 19 December 2015
- Czech Repubic, Prague, Faculty of Law, Charles University, 13 October 2015
- Belgium, Brussels, European Parliament, 27 May 2015
Media response to the project:
Documentary film and video clip:
Installation of sculpture in front of the European Parliament in Brussels together with Pode Bal on 27 May 2015: