Prague, 7 November 2014 – The Council of Members of the Platform of European Memory and Conscience which took place on November 4 – 5 in the European Parliament in Brussels approved the membership of 6 new institutions and organizations. The new Members of the Platform are:
- Nova slovenska zaveza, Slovenia
- Centre for Documentation of Totalitarian Regimes, Czech Republic
- Hungarian Committee of National Remembrance
- Confederation of Political Prisoners of the Czech Republic
- Institute of National Remembrance, Ukraine
- Truc sphérique, Slovakia
New member of the Supervisory Board elected on 5 November is Mr Miroslav Lehky, representative of the Ján Langoš Foundation from Slovakia.
Platform Members also attended a guest lecture and discussion on the topic ¨Democracy matters¨ with British journalist Edward Lucas and representatives of Memorial from Russia and had a meeting with the Reconciliation of European Histories group in the European Parliament.
As a highlight of the Council of Members meeting, the Platform opened its representative office in Brussels in the European district. The inauguration was attended by Mr Tibor Navracsics, new European Commissioner for Education, Culture, Youth and Sport.